Parts of the United States are blanketed in snow. People are home from work and have extra time to create words like “snowpocalypse” and “blizaster”. With all this bonus time, we put together a list of 7 things you can do from home to help ensure no one faces cancer alone:
- Tell someone you know about our service. We personally connect anyone fighting cancer with a cancer survivor just like them. These “Mentor Angels” (now more than 4,000!) are carefully selected and have beaten the same cancer, at the same stage, with the same treatment. Our service is for anyone living anywhere with any type of cancer. It’s free. Just point them to http://imermanangels.org/get-cancer-support.php or have them call toll free 877-274-5529.
- Upload a photo of a Snow Angel to your social media profile and add the caption “Imerman Angels helps ensure no one faces cancer alone. imermanangels.org”
- Request brochures through our website and distribute them to doctors, nurses, and cancer professionals you know. Check it out at http://imermanangels.org/support-us.php
- Use social media to raise awareness – thousands of people hear about our free cancer support service from the use of social media. Here’s a list of simple ways to help in 5 minutes or less: http://imermanangels.org/support-us/make-an-impact-right-now.php
- Run a race or join a team to raise awareness and funds. Last year almost 200 marathon runners wore Imerman Angels jerseys and raised funds to promote our mission and help ensure no one faces cancer alone. Sign up at http://www.firstgiving.org/imermanangels
- Plan an event to benefit Imerman Angels – last year alone people planned benefits ranging from simple parties with a few friends to sophisticated tournaments with hundreds of people. You can too, check out our event hosting page at http://imermanangels.org/news-and-events/third-party-events.php
- Feeling generous? Make a tax-deductible donation online at http://imermanangels.org/support-us/donate-or-sponsor.php