Race Week Information Guide
The 2018 Race Weekend Information Guide is a clearinghouse of all information you will need for race weekend. Click here:
The impact that each of you make for those impacted by cancer is amazing and appreciated. Your fundraising creates much needed funding for Imerman Angels to be able to provide one-on-one cancer support to cancer fighters, survivors and caregivers – all at no cost to the individual seeking it. Individuals are encouraged to set a fundraising goal that exceeds the fundraising minimum that each Team Imerman Angels participant agreed to when they joined Team Imerman Angels. See below for two fundraising resources:
- 2018 Team Imerman Angels – Chicago Marathon Fundraising Guide
- Team Imerman Angels Offline Donation Form
The final weeks leading up to the Chicago Marathon is historically the best time to fundraise – you can easily reach your minimum in the weeks leading up to the event. If you are just starting with your fundraising, no problem. Take a look at the Fundraising Guide and develop your strategy which will only take a few minutes. Next, log in to your fundraising page (everyone created one when you joined the team) and personalize your page – plan to spend 20 minutes or so and you will have a great page (you can edit it at any time). If you still need to personalize your page, you can access your page by logging into the Team Imerman Angels Chicago Marathon – Crowdrise page by clicking HERE. Use the email address that you used in registering for Team Imerman Angels (if you cannot recall your password, there is a recovery prompt).
If you are well into your fundraising and, perhaps, have reached your minimum or goal, don’t be afraid to raise the goal – every dollar your raise will have an immediate and tangible effect on those impacted by cancer. And every dollar is very much appreciated – you are making an enormous difference.
Planning Your Chicago Marathon Event Week
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon takes place on Sunday, October 7: See below for important event week events:
- Abbott Health & Fitness Expo on Friday, October 5 and Saturday, October 6. All Team IA athletes must attend to pick up their race packet/bib. Click HERE for additional information concerning the Expo.
- Team Imerman Angels Singlet Decorating Party on Saturday, October 6 from 3 pm to 5 pm.
- Team Imerman Angels Pasta Celebration on Saturday, October 6 at the Congress Plaza Hotel from 5 pm to 7 pm. Invite to be sent in late September.
- Team Imerman Angels Halo Hospitality at the Congress Plaza Hotel: Your Race Day VIP Hospitality on Sunday, October 7 opening at 5:00 am. And your friends and family are also invited to join you there after 9:30 am. It’s free for you and free for them! [Note: this hospitality is not the same as the Chicago Endurance Sports race day location which is only open to CES runners and others can only attend by purchasing admission].
If you are traveling to Chicago, please make sure that you are in Chicago in plenty of time to attend the Expo on either Friday or Saturday – we recommend planning on attending either on Friday or Saturday morning.